Rich Township is one of 29 townships in Cook County, Illinois and serves 9 municipalities including: Country Club Hills, Flossmoor, Hazel Crest, Homewood, Matteson, Olympia Fields, Park Forest, Richton Park, and Tinley Park.
The Executive Administrative Assistant provides executive-level support to the Rich Township Supervisor and Administrator with a range of duties that include managing, writing and edit business unit communications, executive calendar management, leadership team meeting and calendar management, email management, functional meeting and event planning, and local and domestic travel arrangements.
Responsibilities: Under the supervision of the Rich Township Supervisor and Administrator, duties include, but are not limited to:
- You will showcase your exceptional relationship skills as you interact with both internal and external stakeholders and exercise your aptitude for strategy as a trusted advisor and administrative support.
- Own calendaring, scheduling and basic correspondence, functional event planning, organizing multi-site meetings, staff meetings, including meeting minutes and preparation of materials.
- Email management, communication through writing and editing emails, drafting documents and preparing communications on behalf of the Supervisor and Administrator.
- Maintain action items for leadership team meetings, ensure deadlines are met and maintain comprehensive and accurate records, documents, and reports.
- Act as a liaison between to share information, instructions, and assignments; and follows up on status of assignments to leadership team members or other stakeholders.
- Manage domestic and local travel arrangements, prepare itineraries, prepare and compile travel vouchers, and maintain all travel records.
- Complete special projects by organizing and coordinating information, requirements: planning, arranging and meeting schedules, monitoring results.
- Handle basic administrative tasks such as invoices, expense reports, and PTO approvals on behalf of the Supervisor and Administrator.
- Create/process documents, spreadsheets, presentations and reports by collecting and analyzing information maintaining confidentiality at all times.
- Create and maintain filing systems, both electronic and physical.
- Assist in marketing projects.
- Answer phones and greet visitors.
- Upkeep office supplies, food and beverages.
- Collate and distribute mail.
- Other related duties as assigned
Education / Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required. BA/BS degree in political science, business administration, or related field preferred.
- A minimum of four years of experience in an administrative capacity required.
- Excellent communication skills (interpersonal, verbal, and written)
- Ability to understand the importance of and maintain highly confidential information
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat with an emphasis on Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Ability to efficiently handle multiple tasks requiring a high degree of attention to detail
- Ability to perform duties with initiative and exercise sound judgment
- Ability to recognize problems, make recommendations and in some cases, independently resolve and implement solutions
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- A positive, professional demeanor
- The ability to work well under pressure, and to learn and retain new information
- Availability during evening hours and infrequent weekends on days when activities/events are held is required
- Connection to Rich Township communities is a plus
- Experience working with volunteers is a plus
Salary: Commensurate with experience. Rich Township offers a comprehensive benefits package, health plan options, group life and long-term disability insurance, paid time off, and much more.
Working conditions: The physical demands, work environment factors and mental functions described in this job description are representative of those necessary to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position as required under Federal and State law.
To apply: Send resume, cover letter, and the names and contact information for two professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Put the phrase “Executive Administrative Assistant” in the subject line of the e-mail. No phone calls please. Position will remain open until filled.
Rich Township is firmly committed to creating a diverse workplace and is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and therefore does not discriminate on the basis of creed, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age religion, marital or parental status, alienage, disability, political affiliation or belief, military or military discharge status, or ex-offender status.