TEMPORARY PANTRY HOURS
TUESDAYS & THURSDAYS
1:30 – 3:30 P.M.
Pantry Food Distribution – Temporary Changes Amid COVID-19
As the health and safety of Rich Township clients, volunteers and staff are top priorities, The Pantry of Rich Township has modified food distribution service in a manner that allows continued support of clients. Due to the closure of township facilities, The Pantry of Rich Township, Inc. is distributing food as a Drive-Thru Pantry operation on Tuesdays and Thursdays, from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m.
For more information, call 708-228-5032. Please leave your name and phone number. Staff will return your call with a specific day and time for you to receive food via the Drive-Thru Pantry.
A Note from the Director
We are so grateful to everyone who has supported our pantry: We could not do this without YOU!
- Individuals, community organizations, churches, and businesses that helped us stock our shelves with their financial support.
- Volunteers that generously served over 14,000 hours in 2019.
- Churches, schools, sororities, businesses, organizations and individuals who hosted food drives and made food and nonfood item donations.
- Everyone that supported our Sunday Extravaganza through sponsorships, ads and items donated for our auctions/raffles and friends attending the event.
Because of your caring support, many children, seniors and families in need are receiving fresh produce, meats, dairy, non-perishables, other food items and non-food items from our pantry. The continued support from our community has been amazing and we are so very thankful! We believe that by working together, we can STOP HUNGER in our communities.
THANK YOU on behalf of all those who were touched by your kindness.
About The Pantry
The Pantry of Rich Township is a 501(c) (3) not-for-profit organization. In 1984 we began on a very small scale. Today we serve about 900 households in the 10 surrounding communities of Rich Township.
Who Is Eligible?
The pantry provides free food to residents of Rich Township, all of Park Forest and the homeless. Households must meet the Emergency Food Program Income Eligibility Guidelines. Click on this link to access the guidelines.
• You will receive three or four bags of groceries.
• You can visit the pantry once every 30 days.
• Baby food and formula are available sometimes.
To Register For The Pantry: Only one account per household address
• Bring a current driver’s license, state ID, piece of mail or utility bill with your name and address, or a letter from your landlord verifying identity and residency
• If you are homeless an ID is not required
• Know your household income
• Know the birthdates of each household member
• If you do not live in the Township you will be given emergency food one time and information on pantries that serve your address
The Pantry of Rich Township, Inc. 22013 Governors Highway Richton Park, IL 60471
Normal Pantry Hours:
Monday through Friday 1:30 to 3:30 pm
First Wednesday of the Month 12:30 to 3:30 pm
The Pantry will be closed in 2020 on:
New Year’s Day – Jan. 1
Martin Luther King Jr’s Birthday – Jan. 20
President’s Day – Feb. 17
Casimir Pulaski Day – March 2
Good Friday – April 10
Memorial Day – May 25
Independence Day – July 3
Labor Day – Sept. 7
Columbus Day – Oct. 12
Veterans Day – Nov. 11
Thanksgiving – Nov. 26
Thanksgiving – Nov. 27
Christmas Eve – Dec. 24
Christmas Day – Dec. 25
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT ANY OF THE ABOVE, PLEASE CONTACT: