Throughout the year, the pantry hosts or participates in various fundraising events.
Now you can support the food pantry, buying on Amazon! Click the link to get started! Amazon
IGive Shop more than 2000 stores that will donate a portion of your purchase to the Pantry. https://www.iGive.com/G0f0wB
Our team is helping to end hunger one step at a time by participating in this year’s VIRTUAL (Due to COVID 19) CROP Hunger Walk.
The 41st Crop Hunger Walks is a community-wide event sponsored by Church World Service and organized by religious groups, businesses, schools and others to raise funds to end hunger in the U.S. and around the world. Every year a portion of the proceeds is donated to our pantry. Please support us by making a donation and join us on the VIRTUAL Walk!
This is the link to join our team. https://www.crophungerwalk.org/homewoodil/thepantryofrichtownship
4th Annual Family and Friends Bowing – To be announced
Greater Chicago Food Depository, 35th Hunger Walk – September 12, 2020
Sunday Extravaganza, 30th Annual Fundraiser, Matteson Holiday Inn, October 18, 2020
Access to Care: The Pantry of Rich Township is a designated site to apply for this program.
It is a non-profit primary health care program for low-income, uninsured or underinsured residents of suburban Cook County and Northwest Chicago. Clients enjoy benefits of: $5 primary care doctor visits, $5 labs and x-rays, and prescription medications of $15 to $40. www.accesstocare.org
• $$$ We rely on the generosity of individuals, businesses, schools, community organizations, and ongoing efforts of many local churches. No gift is too small to make a difference in the lives of those in need. Financial donations are used to purchase the food and supplies distributed to our clients.
• Food: All food donations are needed and truly welcomed*
• Organize a Food Drive at your school, work place, church or other membership organization.
*Food Donation Checklist:
We accept items with current “best by” or “use by” dates
All food items must be in original unopened package
Drop food off daily from 9:30 AM to 3:30 PM.
- Non-perishable food items canned, boxed and dry foods
- Fresh vegetables
- Fruit juices; canned, plastic or boxed
- Other healthy, low-fat, low-sodium, low-sugar products
- Ziplock quart and gallon-sized bags
- Baby formula & food
- Disposable diapers (adult and infant) all sizes
- Personal care products such as: band-aids, body soap, lotion, deodorant, razors, shampoo, toothbrushes, toothpaste, etc.
- Paper goods